Today's Lesson

Aloha Paul, and welcome to the classroom of life.

As your instructor, I have a very special lesson planned for today.  If the truth be known, it is actually a lesson that you will continue to work on for the duration of our schooling together.  This one thing will help transform you in ways you can't even imagine.  And it is so simple!  Nevertheless, I want to be sure that you understand the importance of this lesson, OK?  Paul, are you listening? 

OK, good. 

Now that I have your attention, here is what I want you to do:

Breathe, Paul.  Breathe.  In and out. 

Excellent!  Did I just hear you sighing afterwards?  Nice work, Paul.  It felt good, didn't it?  Now I want you to remember how it felt to do thi.....PAUL!!  Stop texting already.  Put your phone down, we need to practice.  This is very important work.  Trust me.  Being conscious of your breath will change your life.

Again, Paul.

Breathe in.  Breathe out.

What's that?  You say you immediately feel like you are calm and present again?  Very insightful, my dear student.  That's the idea.  That is why we will be practicing from now unti.......PAUL!!  Stop worrying about everything!  All of your relationships will work out exactly the way they are supposed to.  In fact, when you breathe and stay present, you will actually experience them in a clearer and more divine way.  Just out of curiosity, did you happen to notice how your stress level changed when you took your attention away from the breath and back to the worlds of the past and future?  That is precisely why this lesson is so important for all of my students.  Please Paul, I need you to stay on task because I'm telling you, it will reap rewards!  If you can master this, your existence will take on a whole new meaning.

OK.  One more time, and then you will have the rest of your life to practice on your own. 

Breathe, Paul.  In and out.

Aaaaaahhhhh.  So you think that felt peaceful?!  Tell me more.   Huh?  Breathing this way helped you to start seeing things clearly again?  Outstanding!  Yes, I do agree Paul, paying attention to your breath is a perfect reminder that life is only experienced NOW.  Bravo!  What else?  You say you feel a sense of cal.....PAUL!!  Why are you thinking about what you are going to have for dinner later?  And what in the world does next summer have to do with what is happening now?  It's only January 11 for crying out loud.   Oy vey, you do need some practice. Good thing this whole breathing thing is an eternal lesson.

Alright, Paul.  Before we end today's lesson, do you have any questions for me?  Just one, eh?  Go ahead.  I'm listening.

Did you just ask me what's for lunch?  Very funny, Mr. Soluri.  Now get practicing.

Comments

maria certo said…
As Always Paul,

This is excellent!
I loved it!
A wonderful read full of truths from the heart!

I love you!
xoxoxo
my intention to breath too ....

Popular posts from this blog

Last-Minute Heroics

Last-Day Diaries

Water, Water Everywhere